24 participants from 20 countries will gather this September in Brussels for the summer school on National Minorities and Border Regions (NMBR).
For eighth time, the ECMI team spends summer carefully crafting programme for the summer school. This year, paired with the Coppieters Foundation, the ECMI team will deliver and organize lectures and interactive workshops for 24 outstanding applicants from 20 different countries across the world. The young scholars will gather in September in Brussels and spend an intensive week of trainings and social events together with the invited guest speakers.
Who are the participants?
The participants are with diverse professional backgrounds and come from Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Portugal, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Ukraine, USA, Azerbaijan, Ecuador, Romania and Mexico. The background of the group varies from international organizations and public authorities to business, NGO, media, and academia. We are pleased to share that the participants will represent various German, European and non-European respected institutions such as:
- Justus Liebig University in Giessen,
- Uppsala University,
- University of Göttingen,
- International Cathoic Migration Commission,
- ELTE University in Hungary,
- Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies of Pisa,
- Oasi 2 NGO,
- Ministry of Community and Returnees of Kosovo,
- Utrecht University,
- University of Hamburg,
- Jāzeps Vītols Latvian Academy of Music,
- Université Libre de Bruxelles,
- University of Primorska,
- Universitat de Barcelona,
- Heidelberg University,
- Russian Academy of National Economy and Public Admin,
- Equality and Human Rights Center ACTEDO,
- University of Padova,
- Ministry of Culture of Mexico.
We are especially pleased to welcome a junior scholar Lorela from ECMI Kosovo and the participants engaged at our long standing partners Council of Europe and the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE).
For any questions regarding the course, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ECMI team is looking forward to meet all participants in Brussels!