On 12 February 2018, the ECMI will organize a roundtable discussion in Kyiv. Among the guests are Mr. Johannes Callsen, SH Commissioner for National Minorities and Ms. Swetlana Krätzschmar, President of the City Council of Flensburg.
The event, organized by the ECMI, will host the representatives of the Administration of the President of Ukraine, Ministry of Culture of Ukraine, Experts Council on Ethnopolitical Affairs at the Ministry of Culture of Ukraine, Regional Administrations and local umbrella organizations of national minorities. Among the guest speakers from Germany are Mr. Johannes Callsen, Member of the Schleswig-Holstein Landtag and the Commissioner of the Minister-President of the State of Schleswig-Holstein for National Minorities and Ethnic Groups, Border Area Activities and Low German, and Ms. Swetlana Krätzschmar, President of the City Council of Flensburg.
Since 2014, the European Centre for Minority Issues (ECMI) has been active in Ukraine as part of the ECMI Eastern Partnership Programme (EPP), covering Belarus, Moldova and Ukraine. As part of the EPP, the ECMI has collected extensive data about current ethno-cultural relations in Ukraine. This has resulted in a number of recommendations on how to improve existing frameworks and design new measures to enhance national minority protection.
The aim of the Roundtable “Fostering Inter-Cultural Dialogue in Ukraine” is to begin implementing the recommendations drafted by the ECMI in cooperation with relevant authorities and stakeholders under the auspices of the Office of the President of Ukraine. Through an exchange with actors from other European countries, the participants in the Roundtable will have the opportunity to discuss good practice and procedures for intercultural dialogue.
Subscribe to ECMI InfoChannel Updates
- Career guidance and counselling for vulnerable groups in Serbia
- The ECMI at the Association for the Study of Nationalities (ASN) World Convention in New York
- The ECMI co-organises a series of events regarding the 100 years anniversary of the Danish-German Border plebicites in 2020– the opening event took place at the Schackenborg Castle in Mögeltønder (DK) last week
- Subscribe to our new ECMI Newsletter
- Minority Roundtable 2019: THE ROLE OF MINORITIES IN REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT