A Youth Exchange Project “Raise Your Voice” Cisternino, Italy 10-20 December 2013, by Tamari Bulia, is now available as ECMI Report #63.
The ECMI Report #63 presents the Raise Your Voice-project from the perspective of the participants. It outlines their general impressions and achievements in terms of intercultural and knowledge exchange, and in promoting active citizenship among youth.
As a partner organization of the project, ECMI selected 5 participants from Germany.
The Raise Your Voice-project in brief
The youth exchange project Raise Your Voice took place in the small town of Cisternino in Southern Italy between 10 and 20 December 2013.
Raise Your Voice gathered young people from five countries: Italy, Germany, Ireland, Georgia and Armenia. The venue of the project was a former religious institute with shared facilities, currently used as a venue for non-formal educational events organized for young people.
The main organizer of the event was YouNet, an Italian NGO based in Bologna, while four other organizations were involved in implementation of the project:
- New Communities Partnership (NCP) from Ireland,
- European Centre for Minority Issues (ECMI),
- Georgian Association of Educational Initiatives (SIQA),
- NGO Meliora from Armenia.
The activities within the programme included:
- Presentations of participants on their home-country cases of rural life, unemployment of youth and role of media in conflict resolution. The presentations outlined the context of the issue and identified problems faced in their home-countries, possible solutions and best practices.
- Working on radio sessions on chosen topics and preparing radio broadcasts for the local radio station.
- Intercultural evenings to learn about the cultural backgrounds of other participants.
Raise your Voice was carried out as part of the Youth in Action, a European Commission programme managed by the Education, Audiovisual and Cultural Executive Agency (EACEA).