The new ECMI App for Android and Apple enabled smart phones and tablets is now available. The minority issues interested audience of the ECMI need only to download the app. Android users can select it from Google play, while iDevice users will get it from Apple’s App Store.
The app is available for Android 2.3. and up, while iDevice users need iOS 6.0 or later.
The app features
The ECMI mobile app connects users to the instant updates of the Centre and reiterates key information of the ECMI website on a mobile-friendly interface. The app is under constant improvement. Currently the app includes:
- Instant updates on ECMI Research, Action and Documentation
- Instant updates on ECMI Publications
- Current ECMI Announcements (jobs, calls for papers, events)
- Instant updates on externals communicating about ECMI and its results
- Instant updates on ECMI Organizational
- General information about the ECMI
- ECMI contact coordinates
- Inquiry form (suggest, inquire, cooperate)
- Direct access to ECMI information services and useful links
- Mobile-friendly access to ECMI’s high-res photo repository
- Quick staff overview
- Direct access to ECMI on Facebook and Twitter
- Mobile-friendly access to ECMI video documentaries
- Direct access to the ECMI Calendar
- Coming up: access to the ECMI expert database
- There is more in the pipeline
ECMI Communication and target groups
Adding the app to ECMI’s outreach channel mix reflects a desire by ECMI and its staff to communicate the Centre’s activity as it contributes to improving the situation of Europe’s minorities and to fostering respect for cultural diversity.
In this context, ECMI targets a multitude of audiences. Generic headlines of the audiences are civil society at large, the general public and public authorities, (potential) co-producers, (potential) clients and employees, and the ECMI organization itself.
More specific, the targeted audiences include among others researchers, policy makers, civil society organizations, journalists, and students and lecturers in the field of minority issues and diversity management.
Audience checklist of many options
The day-to-day activities of the ECMI are made visible via the website’s open calendar that is now also on the app. This reflects general information and the up-to-the-minute news too; these are also already on the ECMI website.
Get the updates in one or more of the following ways:
- Follow ECMI on Facebook
- Follow ECMI on LinkedIn
- Follow ECMI on Twitter
- Take the RSS feed to your email client or elsewhere
- Subscribe to the ECMI Updates (find the form in the right side margin). ECMI Updates are forwarded 3-4 times a year.
- Visit the ECMI website, and you will find the latest Updates on the front page