Subscribe to ECMI InfoChannel Updates
- What are minority rights? ECMI answer in 24 languages!
- Indigenous Peoples and Roma Mediation: the latest ECMI EPP activities in Ukraine
- British multiculturalism and what can Europe learn: Prof. Modood on “middle-aged” minorities
- What do immigrants need? Not a minority protection mechanism. Prof. Kymlicka shares his views.
- Migration Studies meets Minority Studies: updates from Villa Vigoni
Tag Archives: Will Kymlicka
Prof. Will Kymlicka shared his views on ‘new’ and ‘old’ minorities, extending the scope of minority protection mechanisms, and challenges and weaknesses of integration policies for immigrants in Europe. Continue reading
National minorities and migrant communities, or ‘old’ minorities and ‘new’ minorities: what are the relationships between these groups and the respective protection mechanisms? ECMI and EURAC conference kicked off in Villa Vigoni. First insights from the event. Continue reading
“What’s in a Name? Extending the Existing Scope of Protection for National Minorities to Migrant Communities in Europe” is the title of a conference organized by the ECMI and EURAC Research in April in Villa Vigoni, Italy. Continue reading
Volume 14, Issue 4, 2015 of the Journal on Ethnopolitics and Minority Issues in Europe (JEMIE) is now online. The Issue marks 15 years since the JEMIE was established as the flagship academic publication of the European Centre for Minority Issues (ECMI). Continue reading
Sunday afternoon, 9 August 2015. After successful application process and long travel, international students from 11 different countries have gathered in Jaruplund Højskole to participate in ECMI Summer School 2015 on National Minorities and Border Regions. Continue reading