Subscribe to ECMI InfoChannel Updates
- What are minority rights? ECMI answer in 24 languages!
- Indigenous Peoples and Roma Mediation: the latest ECMI EPP activities in Ukraine
- British multiculturalism and what can Europe learn: Prof. Modood on “middle-aged” minorities
- What do immigrants need? Not a minority protection mechanism. Prof. Kymlicka shares his views.
- Migration Studies meets Minority Studies: updates from Villa Vigoni
Tag Archives: Rainer Hofmann
“What’s in a Name? Extending the Existing Scope of Protection for National Minorities to Migrant Communities in Europe” is the title of a conference organized by the ECMI and EURAC Research in April in Villa Vigoni, Italy. Continue reading
The recently published book, The United Nations Declaration on Minorities – An Academic Account on the Occasion of its 20th Anniversary (1992-2012), celebrates the anniversary of the UN Declaration on the Rights of Persons Belonging to National or Ethnic, Religious and Linguistic Minorities. Continue reading
The new book Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities: Commentary provides a clear and detailed interpretation of the provisions of the Convention and of the common European standards that have been developed. Continue reading
ECMI’s ‘indicators’ project made a good start in 2013. A solid knowledge platform was established for the project’s onward journey. Continue reading
ECMI essays surfacing the history of monitoring the ‘Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities’ are now issued. They are available via Brill. Continue reading