A new ECMI Kosovo project has been launched on 15 May. The project aims at promoting the integration of Kosovo’s communities’ members into the wider society.
As part of the project, the European Centre for Minority Issues (ECMI) will
- develop a new textbook on Albanian language.
- train teachers in language learning methods towards non-majority communities
- organize courses in Kosovo’s official languages for municipal officials
- develop a language teaching programme as basis for a curriculum for future municipal civil servants
- provide policy recommendations on how to enhance the knowledge of the two official languages at the municipal level
The development of the textbook will be accomplished together with the Kosovo Ministry of Education, Science and Technology. The project carries the title Integration through learning of official languages in Kosovo.
The project is financed by the OSCE High Commissioner on National Minorities.