Subscribe to ECMI InfoChannel Updates
- What are minority rights? ECMI answer in 24 languages!
- Indigenous Peoples and Roma Mediation: the latest ECMI EPP activities in Ukraine
- British multiculturalism and what can Europe learn: Prof. Modood on “middle-aged” minorities
- What do immigrants need? Not a minority protection mechanism. Prof. Kymlicka shares his views.
- Migration Studies meets Minority Studies: updates from Villa Vigoni
Category Archives: Academia
Prof. Tariq Modood presented the model of British multiculturalism in relation with integration of migrant and minority communities, highlighting impacts of EU and Brexit. Continue reading
Prof. Will Kymlicka shared his views on ‘new’ and ‘old’ minorities, extending the scope of minority protection mechanisms, and challenges and weaknesses of integration policies for immigrants in Europe. Continue reading
“What’s in a Name? Extending the Existing Scope of Protection for National Minorities to Migrant Communities in Europe” is the title of a conference organized by the ECMI and EURAC Research in April in Villa Vigoni, Italy. Continue reading
The ECMI Working Paper #96 is now online. The paper authored by Dr. Alexander Osipov and Dr. Hanna Vasilevich focuses on Transnistria as a model of post-Soviet diversity policy. Also relevant: the article by Dr. Vasilevich features in Panorama of Global Security Environment 2015-2016. Continue reading
On 5th of September 2016, Prof. Tove Malloy will deliver a lecture at a short symposium at the University of Groningen. She will talk about “the dynamics of Europe’s minority-majority discourses: From ‘minority’ to ‘co-nation’?”. Continue reading