Subscribe to ECMI InfoChannel Updates
- What are minority rights? ECMI answer in 24 languages!
- Indigenous Peoples and Roma Mediation: the latest ECMI EPP activities in Ukraine
- British multiculturalism and what can Europe learn: Prof. Modood on “middle-aged” minorities
- What do immigrants need? Not a minority protection mechanism. Prof. Kymlicka shares his views.
- Migration Studies meets Minority Studies: updates from Villa Vigoni
Category Archives: Press releases
What are minority rights? To answer this frequently asked question, the ECMI released a cartoon for the wider public, now available in 24 different languages. Continue reading
National minorities and migrant communities, or ‘old’ minorities and ‘new’ minorities: what are the relationships between these groups and the respective protection mechanisms? ECMI and EURAC conference kicked off in Villa Vigoni. First insights from the event. Continue reading
As part of the local outreach, Ms. Tamari Bulia presented on the ECMI aims and current projects to the Rotary Clubs in Flensburg. Continue reading
“What’s in a Name? Extending the Existing Scope of Protection for National Minorities to Migrant Communities in Europe” is the title of a conference organized by the ECMI and EURAC Research in April in Villa Vigoni, Italy. Continue reading
ECMI student receives a prize for young scientists: discussing the refugee crisis and political rhetoric
How has the refugee crisis impacted the development of radical right-wing political parties in Germany and Austria? To explore this topic Juliane von Daak wrote her prize-winning MA thesis under the supervision of Dr. Raul Carstocea. Continue reading